Re: suggestion for routers running LuaJIT

  • From: Justin Cormack <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 19:15:28 +0100

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM, William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Does anyone have a suggestion for a consumer grade router that runs LuaJIT
> well?
>

> I'm thinking ddrt, openwrt, or some such, or some other operating environment.

Unfortunately there is a floating point issue... most of these routers
(the mips ones) have no floating point, and openwrt deliberately
removes emulation from the kernel. So LuaJIT won't run at all. A dual
number mips port would be an improvement, you would need to compile
with softfloat too. Some may also be the wrong mips variant.

There might be some ARM based routers around now which might be a better bet.

(I do run luajit on the mips64 edgerouter lite, but I dont have access
and cant remember if this has floats or whether it is emulated). It
does support the right instruction set though.

Justin