retrieving the amount of used memory

  • From: Stefan Hett <stefan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:49:32 +0100

Hi,

is there a way to get the amount of memory LuaJIT currently uses (including the memory consumption of the VMs)? I checked the mailing list and the jit.util-functions, but couldn't find any word on that. Looking at the code I also lack to see any possible place where the memory consumption might be recorded. Did I overlook something, or is there no built-in way to retrieve this information?

Reason for this is that in our project we've specified memory budgets and I'd like to ensure that I'm within the set limits of that budget.

Regards,
Stefan