Sysmalloc on OSX 64-bit

  • From: Dan Nilsson <Dan.Nilsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 15:41:06 +0000

Hi all,

I have a mad plan of calling into LuaJIT through Java native calls on OSX
64bit (ultimately to transform lua source into bytecode). It seems like it
should be doable, but I have encountered a problem:

Luajit on OSX 64-bit says to link with:
    -pagezero_size 10000 -image_base 100000000

I will have no control over that (as executable will be a java
application), so I figured I could just use sysmalloc in this case and not
rely on luajit¹s own allocator.

=>  #error "Must use builtin allocator for 64 bit target

Would it be asking for trouble to just ignore this and remove the #error
so I can build it with sysmalloc anyway?

What is the reason for this requirement?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!
Dan