Re: Random crashes with ABC enabled

  • From: Denis Golovan <denis.golovan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 21:47:58 +0200

> The LuaJIT garbage collector doesn't traverse struct members to find objects
> because it doesn't know whether a pointer points to an FFI-allocated object
> or not.

That's expected and not scary :)

> You need to keep the TIntArrayNative alive by keeping a reference to
> it in a GC-reachable location (or not allocate it with plain FFI).

Er-r-r. Are you sure about TIntArrayNative?
TIntArrayNative is just a global table for keeping similar functions together.

It's TIntArrayNative.new function that returns true native-based array.
I am wondering about if TIntArrayNative.new return value is garbage
collected as any other Lua value.

BR,
Denis