Re: Performance degraded significantly when enabling JIT

  • From: "Yichun Zhang (agentzh)" <agentzh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 16:12:10 -0700

Hello!

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 7:25 PM, joe wrote:
>  However when JIT compilation
> is enabled, we actually experience a significant performance decrease
> compared to when it is disabled, roughly 15-20%.

Will you try the on-CPU flame graph tools to generate a graph for your
loaded game hot on CPU? See

    https://github.com/openresty/nginx-systemtap-toolkit#sample-bt

Perferrably, you can generate another graph for the same game with JIT
disabled so that we can compare.

By looking at the flame graphs, we can immediately know if it is
LuaJIT VM entry/exit being hot, or anything else.

Regards,
-agentzh