Re: Noob benchmark :-)

  • From: Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 17:06:18 -0500

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 4:21 PM, voidptr69@xxxxxxxxxxx <voidptr69@xxxxxxxxxxx

wrote:

Ok this is surely not complete test benchmark nor some news for everybody
:oP

So I had to do some benchmarking of 3 scripting languages and I thought I
might share what I found.

so languages are:
autoit, sometime really useful windoze interface script not fast but
useful :o)
python3.4 ...
lua5.3 interpreter
luajit current version

the benchmark, well I cannot really share here the code for the moment,
but I can tell you what it is :o)
basically I dusted off my rubik cube and decide to modelize it
so a cube is a 54 array of letter (color of the block)
on whitch I can apply 18 different moves of a face,
a move is a 54 copy, or a copy of an indirection array acces, of a letter

for x = 1, 54 do
if m[x] == 0 then
cb[x] = ca[x]
else
cb[x] = ca[m[x]]
end
end

each cube are of course compare to a destination cube.
there is not creation of array dynamically I use a stack of pre allocate
arrays for the solution tree so something of 20 arrays
so in this way, I am not really testing the garbage collector instead of
what I wanted to test...
so implementation is fairly the same for all 3 languages.
so a 5 move deeps path tree bring around 1900000 face moves and cubes
equality test

so here the result
autoit - 180sec
python3.4 - 14sec
lua5.3 - 6.4sec
luajit - 0.5 sec
c/c++ ( maybe soon )

What was your Python code? And what's the *full* Lua code?

In some ways this confirm test on the web, but I prefer also do my own
test and see :o)

Noob ducking now ... and looking if a language war is starting :oP

--
Ryan
[ERROR]: Your autotools build scripts are 200 lines longer than your