RE: LuaJIT2.1-alpha question

  • From: "Maynard, Ed" <Ed.Maynard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 23:18:44 +0000

My apologies for the signature – corporate server must have appended it. Never
seen that before. I may have to revert to an outside account.

In the meantime, it appears that this is a well-known issue (redefinition of C
structures) without a built-in solution other than creating a new instance of
Lua (akin to exit and restart). It also appears that there is no ready way to
evaluate whether a variable has been declared or not – no table to look
through. I am going to down rev to 2.0.3 where this code “worked” previously;
although I am now suspicious of my memory. Another thought is to try and trap
the error with the pcall function or something like that.

Thanks in advance and apologies for any additional signature information that
may be appended by my company’s server.
Ed