LuaJIT on Buildroot

  • From: François Perrad <francois.perrad@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 17:43:21 +0200

I've posted a patch which adds LuaJIT in Buildroot (see
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/162404/).
Buildroot is a cross-compiling environment for embedded linux (see
http://buildroot.uclibc.org/).
For example, you could create an image for ARM926 core with only the
kernel linux, busybox and Luajit,
and run it with qemu-system-arm.

The Makefiles of LuaJIT supports the cross-compiling, it is just :
        $(MAKE) PREFIX="/usr" CROSS="$(TARGET_CROSS)" -C $(@D) amalg

Now, I have 2 minor requests for Makefiles :
1) an external configuration of Large File Support (> 2Gb), because
usually with Buildroot
the toolchain is built without Large File Support
2) a target 'uninstall' in order to define LUAJIT_UNINSTALL_STAGING_CMDS
and LUAJIT_UNINSTALL_TARGET_CMDS.

François