Example using ffi to wrap poll or epoll.

  • From: Tim Caswell <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:02:51 -0500

I've seen Mike mention several times on this list that we shouldn't be
using callback event loops (like libuv or libev), especially if we
don't need cross-platform compatibility.  The only reason I use libuv
for everything is I don't know any better.

So my question is how do I create a tcp server without these
libraries?  Is there some example out there that shows how to
multiplex file I/O, timers, and network events.

I'm fine if it's linux only, that's about the only platform I develop
and deploy to (I develop on a linux VM using c9.io from my browser)

-Tim Caswell