Re: CTID_MAX limit

  • From: Thomas Fransham <tfransham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 00:16:55 +0100

You will just get corrupted types increasing it because internally its a 16 bit int and you cant really bump the type id field to a 32 int because of how child type ids are packed into the ctype info field.

On Fri, 24 May 2013 23:48:08 +0100, Wesley Smith <wesley.hoke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
I've run into problems with the CTID_MAX limit while using LuaJIT.
The only threads I've seen on this issue we're terribly helpful.  For
my project, I'm probably going to have to increase the defined limit,
so I'd like to understand it's purpose and the consequences of
changing it.  If I change CTID_MAX to say 2^20, will LuaJIT's
performance be seriously affected?
thanks,
wes