Re: [ANN] luajit binding to LZ4 compression library

  • From: Alexander Altshuler <altexy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 15:38:11 +0300

On 9 July 2015 at 09:08, William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can be found here: https://github.com/wiladams/LJIT2lz4

I looked around at existing bindings, and they were a bit out of date for
my usage, so I created this one.
It captures the lowest level block compression stuff, and the lzframe.h
stuff. I'll add the streaming api later if it's useful.

FYI: My colleague Alexander Nikolaev wrote
https://github.com/avnik/lz4stream library for our closed source project
some years ago.
It has very simple block oriented interface, uses mmap internally and
provides zero copy access to unpacked block buffer.
With 4MB block size it showed impressive read performance from Lua using
very simple FFI binding.

Regards,
Alexander Altshuler