Re: [ANN] luaffi 1.0-work1

  • From: Enrico Tassi <gares@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 09:38:59 +0200

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 07:12:44PM -0400, James McKaskill wrote:
> I'm currently working on getting luaffi API compatible (or as close as
> possible) with the current luajit beta. This is an interim release for

I really appreciate your work, it makes the ffi magic a non lock-in,
that is a nice thing. Unfortunately luaffi is not as portable as
luajit, that is in my opinion the main weakness of the project.

And since you were asking for testing...
What I could offer is to package this for Debian. As a side effect
the software will be compiled and tested on a variety of (free)
platforms, assuming there are tests to run and assuming you plan to
provide support for other architectures, like mips or powerpc for
example.

Ciao
--
Enrico Tassi