[loulug] Re: "loading linux kernel" problem

  • From: Jerim Toulani <mylek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <loulug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 21:16:33 +0000

What sort of hardware are you trying to load it on? I had problems the first
time I loaded it on my low end notebook, but once I found the work around for
some of my hardware, it has run perfectly ever since. So don't give up on it.
Be sure to check out the Ubuntu forums: http://ubuntuforums.org/

Sorry that I couldn't be more help, but let me know what you are loading it on
and I will see what I can do.

William

> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:10:04 +0800
> From: fkhorton@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: loulug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [loulug] "loading linux kernel" problem
>
> I've gotten my computer to boot the cdrom up first (went into the BIOS),
> but now have another problem. The Ubuntu 7.10 start screen comes up and
> I click on "Start or Install Ubuntu" and a box comes up that says
> goes to 100%. At that point the bar stays at 100% for another 20min or
> so, then starts over again and does the exact same thing. This keeps
> going on, i've waited for about 1.5-2 hours for something to change but
> it keeps this cycle up. Has anyone ever had this problem before?
>
> kennedy

Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference.