[louisianaleps] Results for NABA Count at Indian Bayou WMA, June 6, 2015

  • From: "Craig Marks" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "cwmaplc@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 10:51:25 -0400

We had a good day at Indian Bayou this past Saturday, June 6. With all the
rain, the WMA was very green. There were a fair amount of nectar sources and a
lot of butterflies (37 species, 897 individual butterflies). We had three new
species for the Count (Zebra ST, Appl. Brown and White M HS). Also, we had a
very high number of Spicebush Swallowtails (usually rare on this count) and
Hayhurst Scallopwings (seen in multiple locations around the WMA).

1 Pipevine Swallowtail
2 Zebra Swallowtail (new for count)
3 Black Swallowtail
5 Giant Swallowtail
18 Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
34 Spicebush Swallowtail (unusually high number for this count)
1 Orange Sulphur
3 Cloudless Sulphur
2 Gray Hairstreak
3 Red-banded Hairstreak
1 White M Hairstreak (new for count)
73 American Snout
7 Variegated Fritillary
13 Phaon Crescent
158 Pearl Crescent
117 Question Mark
1 American Lady
4 Red Admiral
48 Common Buckeye
45 Red-spotted Purple
32 Viceroy
2 Goatweed Leafwing
57 Hackberry Emperor
7 Tawny Emperor
1 Appalachian Brown (new for count)
178 Carolina Satyr
1 Gemmed Satyr
2 Little Wood Satyr
5 Silver-spotted Skipper
46 Hayhurst's Scallopwing (new high for count, seen all over WMA)
2 Horace's Duskywing
1 Common Checkered-Skipper
15 Tropical Checkered-Skipper
4 Clouded Skipper
3 Fiery Skipper
1 Duke's Skipper
1 Dun Skipper

The next cunt is on June 27 at Copenhagen Hills, beginning at 9:00. We will
meet at the front gate. Everyone is invited. Craig Marks