[lit-ideas] Re: surrealism

  • From: jimkandjulieb@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 15:00:12 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 9:06 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: surrealism

<<I always wanted to read Garp, never did.  Do you like it?  Any comments on
it?  >>

I was always afraid to read the book because I loved the movie so much, and
when I see a movie based on a book I invariably end up hating one or the other.
 This is different though..  I haven't finished the book (it's one of my "read
a few paragraphs while waiting at the Dr's office or for the elec to come back
on books) but I like it very well.  He's wry, dryly witty, and condenses
characters very neatly.

<< So I steeled myself and watched the television show and it was okay, so at
least I can say I watched it. >>

It's okay -- my husband and I are oppositionalists at hear too <g>.

<<I'm tired of making excuses for why I don't read and watch these things.  Why
don't they read Morris Berman or Ron Suskind or truthout.org?>>

I do that too.  But at some point a person needs a certain level of escapism or
I'd simply run screaming into the night.  So I bounce around.

Julie Krueger