[lit-ideas] Re: such and such

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 10:22:01 -0800

On Jan 25, 2011, at 10:04 AM, palma wrote:

> doesn't anyone feel a bit of nausea with upcoming royal wedding?

I think it's a normal reaction, when things are upcoming.

What exactly bothers you about it?  If you're asking, would I rather watch
British pomp and circumstance or American pomp and circumstance, I think my
answer is, "They're both a bit expensive for my taste."  Which is to say that
I'd rather see a stripped down version and have the money--as children
sometimes do with lunch or pocket money--sent to some good cause.  Now a royal
who said, "We've decided to do the simple thing and send money to Keine
Todesstrafe and Improv Everywhere," well that would be fun.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon