[lit-ideas] p.s.Re: Re: Valentine's Day Meditations

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 06:42:00 EST

It shocks me that my girls both know what oral sex is, understand "blow
job", and know what "horny" means.  Hell, everything I knew about sex when  I
was
20 I learned from Jane Austin.  Okay.  I kid you not.  I'm  all for
de-prudification, and I'm not in sync with the artificial state of
adolescence;  but
pragmatically, when 6th grader's are dropping out of  school because they're
pregnant.......

Julie Krueger
confused as ever, confused as usual

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Valentine's Day
Meditations  Date: 2/15/06 2:19:36 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_pas@xxxxxxxxx (mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 02:52 PM 2/15/2006, you wrote:
>For what  it's worth, I'll comment that teenage sex looks good from the
>outside.  On the inside it's fraught with anxiety.

Again  with the generalizations. I wouldn't trade my high school years for
ANYTHING!!! I'm 25 times more anxious now that I was 25 years ago -- not
about sex of course, but maybe that's just it.

>Often it's a  search for love and a settling for sex.

For boys, it's a search for sex.  Number ONE on the list every morning when
they wake up with morning  wood.

>Maybe the newest generations of kids will change that with  their "hooking
>up" and allegedly normalizing of oral sex as not really  sex.

I think the best thing about my (and all the other people I've  talked to
around my age) teenage sex was that we very rarely 'went all the  way', but
god those 4 hour petting sessions sure got a lot of bumpers lifted  and a
lot of emotions worked out.

I'm sure that today's teens have  certain things they 'do' and certain
things they don't. I don't know why you  are so offended by the
"normalizing" of oral sex. Oh were it so in my day!  You think teenage sex
is bad, dangerous, anxiety-inducing etc. I say the  exact the opposite --
it's perfectly natural and healthy for teens to be  fully curious and
desirous of sex -- it's called development. The fact that  boys are rabidly
horny and girls show restraint doesn't change all that much  later in life,
it's just that women need to beat us off [in both ways] less,  later in
life. The dynamic doesn't really change.

>    (Does Maureen Dowd address this in her book?)

It's still sitting on the  shelf. Maybe I'll get to it before next Christmas.

>   I  suspect that some variation of "loose" is still applied to girls, and
>  fuck you has not morphed into a positive expression.  When Princess Di
> and Prince Charles got married, they were the classic lucky couple,
> picture of happiness.  Their marriage turned into a  nightmare.  Likewise,
> all those balloons and teddy bears make a  nice cover for the untold story
> underneath.
>
>Apologies to  Lawrence.  He's a nice guy, loves his country.  I love my
>country too.  We love it in different ways.  That's because  it's a
>democracy and we can do that.

I WOULD love mine, but  apparently [according to someone on the OTHER list]
it doesn't  exist.

still hollow,

Paul  Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx