[lit-ideas] Re: possibly offensive line from Robert Ludlum

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:13:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/28/2005 11:28:07 AM Central Daylight Time,  pas@xxxxxxxx
writes:

"He wore  a french cut sport coat in window-pane check,  with a yellow
rosette  in his lapel. A paisley cravat was nestled against his throat. To
the  casual observer, he appeared a dandy, perhaps a tenured  academic."

HI,
Okay...they were having problems with sites/etc. for the Miss America (I
think?) pageant(s).

Maybe the time is done for those contests and it is time for one for  tenured
academics:

The Dandy Competition

What are the categories?  What are the rules?  Which academic  institutions
are allowed?  Is there a separate Dandy Competition for the  math/science types
and another for the humanty/social science ones--and then the  top three from
all get to compete?

Who are the judges?  Do we get some sort of audience  participation/voting,
included, too?

If Lit-Ideas takes this and runs with it--I bet we could find at least one
or two networks to bid on it...If we write this up, I think we could find
someone...in fact, at this conference, I met someone who has a  brother...hm.
Let's see if we can figure this  out...<g>   It's slightly different from a
reality show but the  time might be right...and we could each be consultants,
at
the very least,  right?

Always thinking of distractions,
Marlena in Missouri