[lit-ideas] Re: peace process, d'apres Reinhart's article

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:18:46 -0500

CK:

If it's all a matter of that specific, tiny strip of land known as Israel, perhaps the Israelis and the Palestinians would agree to vacate the property and, in concert, blow the damn place up. For good.

Ha! I've thought that at times myself, but never dared say such. The UN could spread salt over the whole damn area like the Romans did at Carthage. OK, that settles that, go in peace, now.

But I'm afraid it's more like kids in the backseat on a long, long road trip fighting over their territory. We're all in this together.

Mike Geary
Memphis