[lit-ideas] Re: my 2007 booklist

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 23:37:37 -0500

On Nov 7, 2007 5:22 PM, Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh, you'll sleep again.   But then will come that day in 2024 when
> Matthew will have borrowed the car and you'll lie awake waiting for the
> sound of his key in the back door...surely someone warned you that
> parenthood is akin to

People tell me stuff like that all the time, but I'm just too stoic.
It's funny how "parents" of all walks like to tell us stuff with the
"oh, you'll see" warning... but so far, I haven't "seen". I'm sure his
mother will do (and has done) enough worrying for two people.

 letting your heart go walking in the world (at all
> hours).   Hug him while you can.  It will do you both good.

I agree with David, it's a great metaphor. I just don't think it'll
keep me up at night.