[lit-ideas] Re: lit-ideas] Re: Daily Kos: State of the Nation

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 02:11:36 EST

Someone needs to define "hate" here.

Julie Krueger
(is it all just anger?)

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] lit-ideas] Re: Daily
Kos: State of the Nation  Date: 2/11/2007 11:20:14 P.M. Central Standard Time
From: _omarkusto@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
*First, I am not sure that I would want to judge  a
person on a single passage - Mickey Z. might be an
extremist but I don't  know him well enough to be sure.
More importantly, I am not sure that hating  the United
States as a state is necessarily a mark of a lunatic -
hating  all Americans would be but I don't think that
Mickey Z. hates his wife or  himself. At least, it is
not something that I would take for granted as  Brian
seemingly expects us to. There are plenty of people in
the world who  hate America, and they are not all
leftists. Personally I don't think that I  hate
America, at least not most of the time, but if I were
an Indian or  Black or Iranian or Iraqi I might find
some of the reasons mentioned in the  passage more
emotionally pressing.

O.K.

From: "John  McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:50:00 +0900
Personally, I see a nutcase.  Comparable on my side of
the political
spectrum to those we call  "wingnuts" on yours.  If
either of us infers
that these are typical  examples of individuals on the
opposite side of
the aisle, we ourselves  are becoming  seriously
delusional.

______
Looking  for earth-friendly autos?
Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Yahoo! Autos'  Green  Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/