[lit-ideas] Re: lit-ideas Most Influential

  • From: eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 01:27:48 -0400

Hi,

This was funny - to me!? I'm on a different list and belong to a society of
people who are all excited bec Harper Collins has reissued part of a series of
books that we are passionately involved with...(and, if any of you have
middle-school or high-school aged girls, who are readers, we have a contest
going on right now--I was sent copies of one of the new re-issues which are to
be given to someone who might like them...let me know and I'll send it to you!
All I ask is that you let me know if she likes it as I'm to post my 'story' of
the introduction to BookClubGirl's blog and state whether I'm a Philo or a Zet
(I'm a Philo--it's in the book...)

So, for me--the most influential author would be one most of you would not have
heard about--but for which there was another convention in honor of this past
summer!!

Thus, in thinking that this is that really the clearest definition of 'most
influential', I wonder - is what is 'most influential' for one be what is most
influential for so many?? What scientific survey has been done using a great
cross-section of samples?

Best,

Marlena in Missouri

(ready to mail some new-from-the-publisher reissues of titles from her favorite
author)