[lit-ideas] Re: [lit-id] Sex Slaves, NYT-attn Paul

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:20:22 -0400

At 05:09 PM 6/1/2006, you wrote:

FYI --In today's NYT (Select): Many similar columns and articles about
Canadian sex slaves, centered on Toronto and Vancouver--and wherever paying
males are found. This "boyfriend" routine, combined with unwitting
indentured servitude, is a typical scenario.In most instances within Asia,
young girls are sold into sex slavery outright, by their parents.
>ck

this has got to be a fringe thing in Canada. We simply don't have enough population to support a huge sex-slave industry. Think about it, not only does one need to be willing to hire a prostitute (already a VERY small proportion of our population) you have to go that extra mile and hire an illegal, underage one? Of course, any trade such as this is a terrible thing, but any reports about widescale sex-slave industries have to be discounted as being blown out of proportion.

paul

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx