[lit-ideas] Re: help with geezer

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:59:22 +0100

'Geezer' is still in vogue, but mainly among certain suburban sets, typically vocal, football-loving oiks who like to drink and drink some more, mostly lager. Funnily enough, they're proud of the label and will often apply it to someone who really fits the bill with the pre-fix 'diamond': "tha' Arnie, 'is a reaw dimond geezer."

It's a south London thing. Or "it's a sairf Larnd'n fing".

Here's the Observer's identifit:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,972875,00.html

Simon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Paul" <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>