[lit-ideas] cartoons of Muhammed

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 06:54:31 EST

Why does the Media persistently make the same claim (e.g. BBC says, "Any
images of the Prophet are banned under Islamic tradition.", CNN says
essentially
the same thing, etc.), when it simply does not seem to be accurate according
to  the site filled with portrayals of him, many done by Muslims overtly  and
w/ perfect acceptance, it seems, in the Muslim  world, that one poster (Eric?)
sent?  Surely BBC and CNN are as able  as members of this list to discover
facts.  Is this supposed to be a "new  rule" of some sort in Islam?  The word
"tradition" doesn't indicate  that.  Why this perpetual factual error?

Somebody take out about 2/3 of the commas in that pseudo-paragraph and make
it into English.  So sue me for my sentence structure this morning.

But really.  I'm asking.

Julie Krueger
still *making* the blasted coffee