[lit-ideas] al Qaeda endorses Bush

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:28:48 -0700

The Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigade, which carried out the Madrid bombing, sent a
fax to Al-Quds al-Arabi, a newspaper in the UK, where it claimed
responsiblity.

It also endorsed Bush for president in the coming US presidential elections.
The statement tells American voters that Abu Hafs al-Masri supports the
re-election campaign of President Bush:

"No massive attacks will be launched against the U.S. until the next
presidential elections which we hope will be won by Bush. Our (Islamic)
nation needs the idiocy and religious fanaticism of an enemy like that
(Bush) to wake up,"

The text of the fax is very difficult to find. If anyone can find the full
text (in any European language), please send a link to it.

A few days ago, Rice warned that al Qaeda may try to influence the US
elections.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com