[lit-ideas] Re: You Tube of Ayers speaking

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 09:20:20 -0700

Irene,

One doesn't ask questions like yours and expect a "specific" answer if one
is taking one's meds regularly and not watching too much Left Wing TV.  You
could ask me just what I object to "specifically" about a Chomsky speech or
a Ward Churchill speech and you would get the same reaction.   You give a
lot away by asking such questions.

What is wrong with Lenin, specifically, or Stalin specifically?  Lump Lenin,
Stalin, Chomsky, Ayers, and Dohrn together and you will be . . . generally,
if not specifically, in the same place.

Your trotting out a Left Wing commentator like Bill Moyers, or one of the
ex-military Bush Bashers isn't evidence of anything I am aware of.

If on the other hand I asked you to tell me "specifically" what you liked
about the Ayers or Dohrn speeches, what would you answer?  If all you
trotted out was your "violence is bad" trope, I have answered that
"specifically" in an embarrassing number of emails.  What else?  Was there
anything, specifically, you didn't like about what Dhorn or Ayers said?

Lawrence