[lit-ideas] Re: Yost offers Apology to Palma

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:46:16 -0500

JL: Why would it be _Palma_'s fault if he doesn't understand you, Eric?
Eric, it's thanksgiving's eve -- be more understanding.

If you write politely to someone and they respond with abuse, it's their fault. You will note that I offered his unfamiliarity with English as an excuse ... for him ... and wished him well.

>>And just because you start talking about Venus and enemas,

He started talking about both Venus and enemas. Those were topics he introduced .... read the exchange carefully.

I responded with Venus (morning star / evening star) as a reference to Frege on reference. Vesperus/Hesperus ... remember?

If you're going to chide, at least chide accurately. Offlist, I wished him a Happy Thanksgiving, by the way. To you also ... a Happy Thanksgiving.

Eric