[lit-ideas] Re: Wisdom

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 11:47:03 -0700

On Oct 5, 2010, at 11:33 AM, Judith Evans wrote:

> I didn't find him amusing. I liked his later acting.
I fear I might be in the same boat were I to see them now.  My experience was
of going to see the double bill at our local Odeon, grandma's treat, ice cream
tub at the intermission included in the deal.  You'd get Norman Wisdom and
maybe a "Carry On."  I did try a DVD of one of these latter movies recently.
Awful.

> His movies were allowed into Communist Albania, where he became a cult
> figure.  According to their PM, Albania mourns him now.

Tony Hawks trades on this in his book.

Incidentally, Hawks' first book is now a movie:
http://www.roundirelandwithafridge.com/

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon