[lit-ideas] Re: What happened at Abu Ghraib?

  • From: andy amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 05:55:11 -0700 (PDT)

You wrote:

"I'm not punishing you for going to the snack bar; I'm punishing you for
getting CAUGHT going to the snack bar!" was the DI's reply.

THAT was my real training in military ethics.

A.A.  Sounds like what they did in Sparta regarding sex: Spartan males were
*required* to sneak off and have sex but if they got caught they were beaten
severely.  (This is fact.)  Millenia later, nothing has changed.

A.A.