[lit-ideas] Re: What a world!

  • From: epostboxx@xxxxxxxx
  • To: Lit-Ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:15:43 +0200

Many happy returns of the day, David. Perhaps if you played this up as a
significant astrological coincidence, publishers may look upon the poultry
manuscripts in a different light …

Chris Bruce,
already waiting in line
for an autographed copy
of the first edition, in
Kiel, Germany

P.S. I can’t remember if I’ve posted this before (apologies if so):

Wodehouse’s notorious wartime broadcasts from Berlin are available at

http://www.pgwodehousebooks.com/berlin.htm

On reading them, I’m certain that most would come to a conclusion similar to
that of George Orwell, who came to Wodehouse’s defence when he was (among other
things) banned by the BBC for several years as a result of making those
broadcasts.

Orwell’s defence of Wodehouse can be found here:

http://orwell.ru/library/reviews/plum/english/e_plum

-cb

Had they lived, the following two people would be celebrating their 90th
birthdays today [Oct 13, 2015]:

1) Margaret Thatcher

2) Lenny Bruce

I can’t quite see them celebrating together …

On 13 Oct 2015, at 19:07, david ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ah yes, but this week P.G.Wodehouse and I share the same birthday. Put that
in your astrological pipe dreams, and smoke.
- -