[lit-ideas] We'll Go No More A'Roving...or Will We?

  • From: Eric Yost <Mr.Eric.Yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:16:56 -0400

Courtesy of mediabistro.com's daily news feed [extract]

GOP CONGRESSMAN: RUSSERT, OTHERS 'SHOULD BE SHOT,' NOT ROVE (E&P)
Rep. Peter King, a Republican from New York, said Tim Russert and others gave Joe Wilson a free ride and are unfairly going after Karl Rove. E&P: White House spokesman Scott McClellan continues stonewalling on Rove involvement in Plame leak. NYT: Bush withholds judgment on Rove. WaPo: Cooper testifies. LAT: Cooper to disclose testimony in Time article. Newsweek: Judith Miller is a worthy defendant, writes Eleanor Clift. Salon: This is Karl Rove's war. From his command post next to the Oval Office in the West Wing of the White House, he is furiously directing the order of battle, writes Sidney Blumenthal. SF Chron: Bush unlikely to abandon Rove. Slate: Why aren't the major newspapers running editorials calling for Karl Rove's resignation, asks Timothy Noah. WaPo: Joseph Wilson wants Bush to Fire Rove.
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000978394
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000978734
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/07/20050713-7.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/14/politics/14rove.html