[lit-ideas] Warrantless mail searches may be allowed

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:48:29 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Boy, if this isn't like the old Soviet Union.  I read somewhere that the
terrorists (whom we created and empowered) have gotten wise to electronic
transfers of money and information, so they're back to doing it the old
fashioned way, carrying suitcases full of money, hiding messages behind the
loose brick in the wall and the like.  Cleaning up the mess in Iraq and in
Palestine would be infinitely more effective than turning us into a
dictatorship.  Instead we have the worst of both worlds.  Knowing what I know
about the Soviet Union, I was stunned when I saw the headline.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16472777/