[lit-ideas] Re: Vanity, vanity (or, Want to put a face to the words?)

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 18:56:03 -0700

Very interesting John!  I always wondered what you did in Japan.  I notice
that your wife's language skills are mentioned, but not yours.

Did you ever think of becoming a Japanese citizen?

I recall a while back expression admiration for the Japanese only to have
one of our more illogical members heap scorn upon me for supporting the Rape
of Nanking.  I can't recall if you entered into that unedifying discussion.

Lawrence