[lit-ideas] Re: Tipping Point of Truth

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 17:50:35 -0500

Robert asks, "Why hasn't the Administration made hay out of these new discoveries? There are two plausible answers. The Administration isn't as credulous as are Right Wing bloggers; and, if some of the material in the tapes turns out to be credible this would reveal that the Administration went to war in ignorance.

So either the Administration is very thoughtful and careful or it is very ignorant and gullible? :-)

I think the Bush people haven't crowed about this stuff yet because it is still early in the translation phase. (See those links to archives I posted.)

The GOP may also be planning to slam a whole bunch of stuff down closer to the election. This is less likely, since new discoveries take a while to supplant existing prejudices.