[lit-ideas] Re: The Sons of Martha - The Daily Princetonian

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:21:02 -0500

US:
Daughter and sister to sons of Martha

I don't know why this bothered me so much. Maybe because I hate having to sit down with a pencil and draw diagrams though that's how I spend most of my time trying to make sense of life. Usually it's more complicated than Ursula's relationship thingamagig, usually it's something like: my mother's father's brother's cousin's great-aunt by marriage. As best I can guess Ursula's grandmother is Martha and one of her sons is her father who also fathered another daughter, Ursula's sister. People should be numbered. The army had it right.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ursula Stange" <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>