[lit-ideas] Re: The Rise of the Islamist axis

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:17:34 -0700

It's seems likely that we (especially the
> Nunn-Luger group) would know about the diversion of warheads...if only
> later through accounting practices.

ck: It seems so, doesn't it? By the same token, it seems unlikely that the
US was not in the know about Iraqi weapons, too. But do you or I know which
weapons ended up where? That was an early concern when the Soviet Union
fizzled, but whispers in the media remained pretty hushed. I suppose it
would be hard for Americans to get behind an invasion of a country that has
a stockpile of nukes. Better we should believe that our invasion is
preventing that stockpile from happening. How unlikely is that?
You know, of course, that we know nothing.

Carol