[lit-ideas] Re: The LastCrusade of Billy the Graham

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 06:17:05 EDT

I was privileged to see Graham.  When I was 4.  On a blanket  spread on the
grass sitting with my parents; my Mother was a particular (is) fan  of his.
The only thing I can report is that the grass was incredibly  green.  I don't
agree with a good deal of his doctrine or dogma, I dislike  his approach, (mass
hypnotism/hysteria/induced intense emotion has never been my  thing)  though I
consider him sincere enough, but I am having trouble with  the Nazi parallel.
 Can you (dumb question, let me change that to will you)  expound on that?
By the by,  I have something to say about the eye  for an eye business but it
will have to wait until morning.   Oh -- it  is morning -- 5:20 to be exact.
It'll have to wait until consumption of my  first full mug of coffee my spoon
stands up in, heavily laced with sugar and  creamer.

Julie Krueger
a little puzzled, primarily remembering the voice of whatsisname Shea and
watching thousands walking forward to be "born again" and wondering how each of

their lives turned out.

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] The LastCrusade of
Billy the Graham  Date: 6/28/05 12:53:53 A.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'd been waiting in line for 62 years.  Now  they tell me the last show is
sold out.  Damn, damn, damn.  I  wanted so badly to see Billy Graham.  To
watch his magical salvation  show in the making. Billy's been God's boy for
the last half a century, no  doubt about it, better even than Jesus who
regretably had all those  Communist tendencies and ended up getting himself
killed -- and talk about  your pacificism, my, my, my, isn't his so totally
untenable under any  sensible doctrine!  But Billy?  Well, there he was for
Nixon, yes,  blessing the murder of Vietnamese for whatever reason and
conspiring with  Nixon to remove all the Jews from the media, since they were
the cause of it  all -- their stranglehold on the media, their pornography.
Ja, Billy Boy, it  turns out, was just another drugstore Nazi cowboy.  But we
all knew  that, everyone knew that.  He's a man of God, but not just any god,
no,  no, no, the True God, the One and Only, who is a our beloved Nazi
cowboy,  the gunslinger God of the Old Testament incarnated in Jesus.  Those
who  believe an eye for eye, say aye.  Ach! they all do.  The Germans had  it
right.  We all know that.  But how to word it, that's the  problem.  Billy
got caught on Nixon's tapes talking as anti-Semitic as  Hitler, but no one
cared because, well, because, we all agreed, apparently  -- except the Jews,
but doesn't that just go to show you?  We've got to  stop the pornographing
Jews before they turn us all into masturbating  morons.  Praise God.  Thank
you, Billy, for speaking the  truth.  Thank you American Media for not making
a big deal of Graham's  anti-Semitism, and especially thank you, America for
ignoring the ever  growing fascism among us. May we soon become the new enemy
of mankind.   Amen.

Mike Geary
preparing for the 4th of July