[lit-ideas] The Consolations Of Daddy. Volume VI

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LIT-IDEAS" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 20:30:17 -0600

When Ronald Reagan was elected President of the United State of America, a
disconsolte friend said: "Well, at least it's a great day for the
aspirations of rich white men."  My Daddy saw it from another perspective,
however  He said, "He's only a year older than I am.  And yet no one would
think of electing me President next year.  It just doesn't seem fair."

How do you think I feel, Dad.  Bush is younger than me.

Mike Geary
Memphis, TN