[lit-ideas] Re: The Cat At Whom He Has Hissed

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 18:07:42 -0700

On May 31, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Mike Geary wrote:

Dear Julie, I live in Memphis, TENNESSEE, not Mississippi. I know that Faulkner said the Delta starts in the lobby of the Hotel Peabody (in Memphis) and I know that some people call Memphis the capitol of Mississippi, but the state line is at least 8 miles south of where I live. You're a Midwesterner, you should be vaguely aware of where Memphis is. When I lived in Seattle some guys kept asking me what it was like living in Louisiana or Alabama. They had no idea where Memphis was -- somewhere down there, they would even confuse Memphis with Nashville -- but they were Seattleites, you have no excuse.

And here was I thinking that you lived in Scotland County, Missouri.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~moscotla/index.htm

Move to Portland is my advice, particularly now that I know that a sick cat and a lock cost about the same to repair.

David Ritchie,
with his tomatoes in, in
Portland, Oregon