[lit-ideas] "That too much your head of sleep becomes"

  • From: Eric Yost <Mr.Eric.Yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lit-Ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:28:46 -0400

Universal Translator poetry: a well-known lyric, translated into German
then French, then English then Dutch, then French then English, and
slightly edited. You should be able to guess the poet. -EY

______

"That too much your head of sleep becomes"

That too much your head of sleep becomes, you human my love,
too much your head of sleep my love places, my arm placed;
The time and the fire of fever again examine far certain beauty
of the thorough children and ephemeral the child that chases him:
But in my poor spot, cutting the day in a live manner as can be
the creature mortally accused, however with me a complete beau.

The heart and the bodies have no sides:
They are wanted, after their rise in their ordinary swoon ends,
with the sepulcher of that point of view to come, by sympathy
of which is the universal love and the supernatural hope;
Whereas an abstract point of view under the glaciers and the rocks,
a sensual ecstasy of colonists, awakes themselves.

Security married midnight on advice of race such as the impact of a bell
and the modern lunatics to their shouts of pedantry bring forward:
Each farthing of costs, the whole terrible forecast the diagram becomes,
but pay no attention to this night, still not a point of view.

Beauty, midnight, the cubes of the point of view:
leaves him a head that a day of the eye dreams,
which can entour so the heart can attach this way
easily to roast the crane of pale, the discovery
of the world of dying to bless it sufficiently;
twelve hour of a dryness that you,
by the involuntary energy, return to
see you calm that night of the deterioration,
by each human love the attention exceeding that pay.