[lit-ideas] That old Leftist, General Petraeus

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 12:14:10 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

It's not for no reason Captain America is dead.  Looks like the best weapon of
21st century America may be talk.  As (another old Leftist) Churchill said,
better jaw jaw than war war.  We just had to learn it the hard way, that's all.
 If we learned it, that is.  I wonder if they do bring back Captain America
what he would look like.  Like Bill Clinton maybe, white hair, schmoozing
everybody into peace and prosperity.

"Gen Petraeus said improving the situation in Iraq required more than armed
force. 'There is no military solution to a problem like that in Iraq, to the
insurgency of Iraq,' he said."