[lit-ideas] Re: Thank God it's Friday, but I don't think that's going to help much...

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:09:00 -0400

The fear is that civil war will spill over out of Iraq and become a regional
problem.  If that happens, then it could very well mean the overthrow of
governments like Saudi Arabia and other friendlier M.E. nations.  Already Saudi
Arabia, etc. are just hanging in there all but against popular will.  If that
happens, we here in the U.S. are in deep trouble.  What I think is interesting
is that the Israelis learned nothing from the U.S. free spirit approach to
world domination model.  If the Israeli invasion creates another civil war in
Lebanon, that instability could hook up with the civil war in Iraq and hasten
extreme instability in the entire region against which our military might,
already proven useless, will be useless.  Good thing the Americans are on the
job, though. Rumsfeld's answer?  There's no civil war in Iraq.  And Congress is
too busy taking bribes from lobbyists to care.  One can?t even say they?re
fiddling while Iraq burns.  It?s more like they don?t know there
  is an Iraq or a Middle East.  That?s the irony of Lawrence?s constant
comparisons to WWII.  There is absolutely no comparison except with the desire
to take away liberties.