[lit-ideas] Re: Taliban

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:02:12 EDT

The Taliban as part of the Govt is a step towards women's rights?   Weren't
they the ones who beat women if their ankle showed?

Julie Krueger
the world makes less and less sense to me

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Taliban  Date:
10/3/2006 12:29:04 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _rpaul@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:rpaul@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 Sent on:
> Now we want the Taliban in charge of the  Afghan govt.?  I need a cheat
> sheet.  I can't keep  up.

Frist thinks that there are too many Taliban and Taliban followers to  defeat
militarily, so they should be 'integrated' into any new government and  left
alone. It's part of the new Afghan women's rights movement and criminal
justice
reform.

Robert  Paul