[lit-ideas] Taking a vacation from Vacation to let you know I'm going on Vacation

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:58:34 -0600

My darling Proletarians, my pussy Nietzsches,

I have taken myself off vacation to let you know that I am putting myself back
on vacation, but for a different reason this time.  I put myself on vacation
when Andreas put the list on Moderator Control.  The idea of submitting my
thoughts and words to official approval, just totally sucks and I won't do it.
But then a cooling off period was wise.  We all let loose angry words from time
to time.  I don't know how to resolve the conflict between censorship and
cooling down.  Perhaps if we all paid Andreas, then he might quit his job and
read all the posts and delay for 24 hours any with ad hominems and send the
senders a message asking if they REALLY think it's wise to use those words.
Won't work?  Well, then, I guess I'll just have to deal with it as it comes.

As to the flare up that started with my announcement of Niamh's birth -- holy
crap!  that astonished me.

I enjoy this list enormously.  It consumes far too much time, but that's
usually OK with me.   Nevertheless, I'm putting myself back on vacation for a
month or so to get back to my Great American Novel which I got back to over the
weekend.  I'll be back soon than you you want.

Mike Geary