[lit-ideas] Re: Survey Of Most Influential Work In World Literature In Last Demi-Century

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:19:44 -0400

Donal: Most influential = something I like a lot that lots of other people have read or at least heard of.

Yeah or just another sad dollop of simp politics presented as arts commentary. Marquez? You gotta be kidding me! He's just Cervantes in a new hat.

Maybe, for Westerners, Joyce-Kafka-Proust-Nabokov-Borges-Kundera in a strongly bonded molecule. But Marquez? Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Exit laughing,