[lit-ideas] Sub-Categories of World 3 Entities

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 00:13:01 -0400 (EDT)

-- Sorry for the technical heading, but D. McEvoy was proposing that we
distinguish between 'objects' (I wouldn't use the word) when dealing with
Popper's "World 3" (World 4 in Hartmann). Mathematics, vs. art, for example,
and  he was suggesting that there is a bias in Popper towards viewing
everything as  reason-oriented (within a trial-and-error model of rationality)
so
that "Hamlet'  becomes like the cubic square of some number (or other).

On the other hand, there are OTHER ontologies available, and it may be good
 (but then again not) to compare Popper's with these other ontologies
available  -- or not.

Cheers,

Speranza