[lit-ideas] Re: Stolen posters etc. was Re: Re: [lit-ideas]SUNDAY POEM

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:30:45 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/2004 6:40:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What  happened? Did you put another one in its place?

Hi,
Yes, thanks for asking!

I *did* end up telling Ben what happened--his main reaction was to ask if  he
could tell his 'main' teacher what had happened (his social studies teacher
is very very pro-Bush but not his science teacher who is his homeroom teacher
and whom he likes very very much [he just got his report card---he was making
 100% in social studies until they started studying the election--so he now
has  93%.  He did make 100% in science though <g>.]  He told her--and  then
also told her that I had made muffins as a reaction to it (I admit that is
what
I had done--I made banana nut muffins [the bananas were ready to go bad if
they were not used anyway <g>] and he told me that she smiled at that and  said
"That Marlena--of course she would!".

Yes, I have a new sign out...(since I know where to get them  <g>)   But, I
do have one in my window now--thanks for the  idea!  (and it is good--the one
on the yard looks sideways to each  side--but the one in the window looks
out--for the people driving upward and  ready to turn--we live on a
corner...and if
you are driving upward, you cannot  really see the sideways sign since I
moved it closer to the house...)

I am looking at both a security system (but the company owned by a friend
has Bush signs on its lawn so I will not use the 'hometown security company' )
and the concept of a motion detector as was suggested...

Missouri will be interesting in a couple of weeks.  Even in KC they  are
expecting problems...

Thanking you for caring,
Marlena in Missouri