[lit-ideas] Re: Spokeo

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 08:46:44 -0500

My address is likewise very old, the "hobbies" they show are some I've
never typed into any profile, etc.  I think you have to join in order to
update the info...or maybe you can't from there.  I'm annoyed enough to go
back to profiles I've set up in the past (google talk, fb, myspace,
twitter, etc.) and make them current.  I think that's where they get their
info.  I'm troubled by it because I want to choose which people have access
to my personal info.  I give my address to people if they're people I want
to have it.  I worry about things like potential employers, etc.  I, too,
Mike, didn't pay to find out what else they "knew" about me, but god only
knows what they say about my "economic health".  To me this has real
implications beyond just individual people we know....

Julie Krueger