[lit-ideas] Re: Sit back, watch this, takes 20 minutes.

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 00:13:30 -0400

John -

Sir Ken Robinson was a pleasure to listen to. He reminded me of George Bernard
Shaw's comment: "The only time my education was interrupted was when I was in
school."

It's crystal clear to me how unhealthy schools are for both adults and kids.
We've known that for ages. But has that made any difference? Rarely.

Though Howard Gardner's forays into the diversity of intelligence has been
applauded regularly, has that made any difference? Innovation in schools is
still an oxymoron.

Stan Spiegel
Portland, ME